Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Post :)

So this is my first blog post ever. How exciting is that? I'm actually quite excited because I've been wanting to start a blog for the longest time, but I never really knew what to write about nor did I have the time to (or so I thought). 

I've always had many interests growing up. At a certain point in my late teenage years, I thought my interests would narrow down, but it really didn't. Although, one thing I noticed was that a lot of my interests were related to the subject of art whether it was watching plays, drawing, sculpting, taking pictures, dressing up, reading, knitting (yes, I LOVE to knit), cooking, singing, dancing, and so on. I don’t know if cooking would be seen as a form of art to some people, but I most certainly do. I mean, on how many occasions have people seen other people eat food that didn’t look good to eat? I surely never did unless there was some sort of Fear Factor deal going on. I also see cooking as a form of therapy. When I was in middle school, I was very sheltered and all I could do while I stayed home was cook which made me a happy Asian child. Cooking is something I thoroughly enjoy doing ,and I absolutely love cooking for my friends and family. 

Nature has always struck me with its beauty. No matter where I am, I am constantly stunned by what I see outside. Being outside is something I always enjoyed whether it's a sunny, rainy, or windy day, although I must say, I enjoy the sunny weather the most. The cold weather and I do not mix very well together. This is precisely the reason why I cannot live up north even though I really would like to. My ultimate life long dream is to live on an island somewhere in the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean and sail on my sailboat to come back to the mainland. (Yeah, I know, I'm slightly weird).

As for my career choice, I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be a dentist. I love everything about the dentistry field: the people, good hours, and, of course, good pay. I feel that dentistry is a good combination of my love for art, science, and helping others. After being in college for almost four years, I am finally applying to dental school this summer and hopefully, if all goes well, I will get in.

With this blog, I hope to inspire others and bring more insightful ideas or thoughts upon myself. I want people to see the true beauty in everything regardless of how negative something may be. I will also post a hodgepodge of randomness because I get so easily entertained by the littlest things. So I hope you enjoy my blog and thanks for taking the time to read it :)

Oh and as for the title, "Life is FaBoosh." Faboosh is a term I came up with many years ago, not Perez Hilton. Faboosh means, to me, fabulous in a sense of all realms of life, whether it is scientifically, artistically, socially, etc. It truly defines the beauty of all things with a bit of sass and glamour. 

So with all this being said, I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes that I firmly uphold by one of our founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin:

        "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about 
         what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."



2 comments: