Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gaga for Inspiration



How hilarious is that?


I've been quite busy for the past few days catching up with school. I have so many things due next week and it's making me stress out a tad bit. I have 2 tests, 1 presentation, 3 lab reports, and a ceramics project due. 
Talk about overload.

For my third ceramics project, I have decided to make a Lady Gaga inspired necklace. The objective of this project is to make a souvenir.  We are to make six souvenirs, so we can give them to the six people on each of our teams. Now the funny thing about this is that there are two boys in the entire class, and they happen to be on my team. Now, what are they going to do with these Lady Gaga necklaces? Hopefully, I'm thinking they will love it and decide to wear it at least once.




Images: Sodahead, Saida




Why Lady Gaga? I love her crazy sense of fashion; she constantly amazes me with what she wears. I feel like she is one of the few people in our population that can pull off these looks. When I look at her, I feel so inspired to make something. I love the fact that it's her own style and she refuses to change it for anyone (especially with all the controversy she causes with what she wears) The origami-esque dress that she wore (to some event show) has to be one of my favorites. 



Lady Gaga also happens to be on tour in Europe right now, so I felt that it would be most appropriate to make a souvenir dedicated to her.


For the charms, I am making a lightning bolt, a disco stick (microphone), a poker card, and a bow. Each of these items correlates to one of her smash hits, excluding the bow. Can you guess which songs?


The lightning bolt for "Just Dance".
The card for "Pokerface".
And the disco stick for "Love Game".
I really want to make a telephone for her current hit "Telephone", but I'm restricted in time :(

I have to turn this in by Monday afternoon. I still have to make a massive amount of beads and put the finishing touches on the charms. I guess this means I'll be living in the ceramics studio all weekend.


Wish me luck!


3 comments:

  1. I love them! Post pics when you're done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you are using this space to be reflective and join your various interest into a singular safe space. that's my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey: Of course i will!

    Colleen: singular safe space? I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete